Lorne Park is a quiet bedroom community located in between the villages of Port Credit and Clarkson west of Toronto.
While the neighbouring villages are identifiable, the community of Lorne Park has few remaining identifiable landmarks.
The crossroads of Lakeshore and Lorne Park Road once marked the divide between a farming community to the north and a 30-hectare cottage resort area and amusement park to the south. In the late 1870’s a steamboat service delivered vacationers from Toronto and Hamilton to the wharf in Lorne Park Estates. It was a kind of “cottage country” for those seeking to get away from the city for a vacation. By the 1930’s much of Lorne Park Estates had been converted to year round residential. Lorne Park Estates remains a “private” community with owners contributing to maintenance and upkeep of roads and infrastructure. North of Lakeshore, farmland gave way to housing mid-century.
With large, manicured, treed lots, Lorne Park was originally known for ranch bungalows and large side or back-splits. The neighbourhood is gradually being re-invented with large custom homes in place of the older homes.
Lorne Park Secondary School consistently ranks highly in the Fraser Institute study, most recently in the top 10% of schools. Elementary schools in the area include St. Luke, St. Christopher, Lorne Park Public School, Tecumseh Public School, Whiteoaks Public School and Hillcrest Public School.
For the latest market update for Southwest Mississauga, please download the pdf in the link below.